Happy Valentine’s Day! Love is the air at the Sweets and Geeks kitchen!
Ah, if only it took just 4 conversations with your battle support to find your soul mate, get married, and have an uber awesome kid! You can in Fire Emblem but, unfortunately for those of us who live in the real world love just isn’t that simple. Lucky for us we can bake our way into the hearts of others.
S Rank with your soul mate or take your Fire Emblem party to the next level with these chocolatey Fire Emblem inspired cookies!
Fire Emblem S Rank Red Velvet Cookies
Yields: 12 cookies
16 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1 1/3 cups of granulated sugar
4 large egg yolks
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
4 teaspoons red gel food coloring
2 cups and 4 tablespoons all-purpose bleached flour
8 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon fine salt
4 cups confectioners sugar
3 egg whites
½ teaspoon of vanilla
A couple of drops of blue and yellow food coloring to blend into a brilliant green.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, line baking sheet(s) with parchment paper.
- In a really large bowl melt the butter. Stir in the sugar, egg yolks, vanilla extract, and red gel food coloring until everything is combined.
- Note: Add the egg yolks when the butter is cooled off to prevent scrambling the eggs.
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt over the wet ingredients. Stir until everything is combined and you don’t see any loose cocoa powder and flour. By hand, this can take up to 10-12 minutes. Now is a great time to jam to the Fire Emblem soundtracks or watch the hilariously terrible Fire Emblem movie starring Marth, or should I say, “Mars.” Actually, don’t watch it.
- Note: Split the ingredients evenly to fit them into your sifter and ensure that everything gets distributed.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for 30-45 minutes, until the dough is firm.
- Note: Lightly spread flour over the plastic wrap so that the dough doesn’t stick.
- Flour the surface you’re going to roll the dough out onto and the rolling pin. Roll out the dough until it is ¼ of an inch thick for a crispy cookie. If you like a more chewy cookie, 3/8 an inch.
- Note: Cut the dough into more manageable pieces before rolling it out.
- Flour the 2.5 inch heart-shaped cookie cutter so that the dough doesn’t stick and cut out the cookies. After pressing down, wiggle the cutter to get the cookie free.
- Place the cookies on the lined pan(s).
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 10-12 minutes, until the top starts to crackle a little.
- Place the cookies on a cooling rack.
- After the cookies have completely cooled, about 30 minutes you can decorate them.
- Ice the cookies with an “S” and allow to set for 30 minutes before serving or storing.
- In a small bowl or saucer blend the blue and yellow food coloring until you get the desired color a few drops at a time. Remember that when you add it to the confectioners sister that the color will lighten.
- Stir together the confectioners sugar, egg whites, food coloring, and vanilla extract until it’s thick and smooth.
- Note: Add food dye as necessary to change the color. Yellow will lighten the color, blue will deepen the color, to darken it add a drop of red to neutralize the color.
So, who is your favorite Fire Emblem couple? Did your significant other and loved ones give these cookies an S Ranking? Comment, follow, and Press this article!
Don’t miss the fun on Instagram.com/sweetsandgeeks